Main Article Content
This study examines professional teachers in student perception of EFL teachers and ESL Students. Professional teacher become the next level of teacher labelled. Teachers will be categorized as professional if they master several domains such as teacher knowledge and understanding, teacher practice, and teacher relation. This research is a descriptive qualitative with 20 students of the Transfer Credit Program of Tarlac Agricultural University as the population and 13 students as a sample with a random sampling technique. Data collection of this research through questionnaires and interviews to collect the data and analyse with descriptive analysis and Nvivo as a tool to analyze and visualize the data. This research revealed ESL Student's perceptions stated many negative facts such as language barrier that constructed among them, online learning limited their thought to achieve in their class, and also a duplicate question on their exam seems like a question on the internet. ESL Students also revealed many positive facts such as management class and given a same opportunities to speak in class, innovative teaching method, teaching structured well, and teacher deliver a great material to achieve the objective of the subject matter
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
With the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board of the Cakrawala: Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan and it was decided to be published, then the copyright regarding the article will be diverted to Cakrawala: Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan.
Cakrawala: Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan hold the copyright regarding all the published articles and has the right to multiply and distribute the article under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
A copyright transfer from the author to the journal is done by filling out the copyright transfer form by the author.
Copyright Transfer Letter: Download
- Barber, C., JC Beal, and PA Shaw. 2009. The English Language: A Historical Introduction.
- Barkhuizen, Gary P. 1998. “Discovering Learners’ Perceptions of ESL Classroom Teaching/Learning Activities in a South African Context.” TESOL Quarterly 32(1):85. doi: 10.2307/3587903.
- Bell, Lisa M., and Jill M. Aldridge. 2014. “Investigating the Use of Student Perception Data for Teacher Reflection and Classroom Improvement.” Learning Environments Research 17(3):371–88. doi: 10.1007/s10984-014-9164-z.
- Choe, H. 2016. “Identity Formation of Filipino ESL Teachers Teaching Korean Students in the Philippines: How Negative and Positive Identities Shape ELT in the Outer Circle.” English Today.
- Creswell, John. 2010. RESEARCH DESIGN, PENDEKATAN KUALITATIF, KUANTITATIF, MIXED. 3rd ed.
- Dressel, P. L. 1987. “Mission, Organization and Leadership.” Journal of Higher Education 58:101–9.
- Ekawati, Yulia Nur. 2017. “Peningkatan Kemampuan Mendengarkan (Listening) Mahasiswa Bahasa Inggris Melalui Model Pembelajaran ‘Project-Based Learning.’” Cakrawala: Jurnal Pendidikan 11(2):135–43. doi: 10.24905/CAKRAWALA.V11I2.121.
- International Education, Unesco. 2019. “Global Framework of Professional Teaching Standards.” 20.
- Kachru, BB, Y. Kachru, and CL Nelson. 2009. The Handbook of World Englishes.
- Kachru, Braj B. 1984. “Standards, Codification and Sociolinguistic Realism: The English Language in the Outer Circle.” Pp. 11–30 in Progress in English Studies, edited by R. Q. and ELG.Widdowson. London: Cambridge University Press.
- Lee, Y., and K. Jun. 2016. “The Inner Circle vs. the Outer Circle or British English vs. American English.” in Proceedings of the 30th Pacific Asia Conference.
- Lintao, Rachelle B. 2013. “Traversing the Speech and Thought Presentation Features of Merlinda Bobis’s ‘The Sadness Collector.’” Asian Journal of English Language Studies (AJELS) 1.
- Macaro, Ernesto, Lili Tian, and Lingmin Chu. 2018. “First and Second Language Use in English Medium Instruction Contexts:” Https://Doi.Org/10.1177/1362168818783231. doi: 10.1177/1362168818783231.
- Mikk, Jaan, Heiki Krips, Ülle Säälik, and Karmen Kalk. 2016. “Relationships Between Student Perception of Teacher-Student Relations and PISA Results in Mathematics and Science.” International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education 14(8):1437–54. doi: 10.1007/s10763-015-9669-7.
- Miles, MB, and AM Huberman. 1994. Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook.
- Rafael, Vicente L. 2015. “The War of Translation: Colonial Education, American English, and Tagalog Slang in the Philippines.” Journal of Asian Studies 74(2):283–302. doi: 10.1017/S0021911814002241.
- Sowden, C. 2012. Culture and the “Good Teacher” in the English Language Classroom.
- Sulistianingsih, Endang. 2018. “Pengembangan Model Pembelajaran Berbasis Multimedia Untuk Meningkatkan Efektivitas Kemampuan Membaca Mahasiswa.” Cakrawala: Jurnal Pendidikan 12(2):112–20. doi: 10.24905/CAKRAWALA.V12I2.153.
- Sumartono, Sumartono. 2019. “Analytic Assessment On Students’ Ability In Writing Descriptive Text.” Cakrawala: Jurnal Pendidikan 13(1):52–59. doi: 10.24905/CAKRAWALA.V13I1.197.
- Tran, Lee Hua Nghia. 2015. “Vietnamese Students’ Perception of English Teacher Qualities: Implications for Teacher Professional Development.” AcademicresearchJournals 3(1):7–19. doi: 10.14662/IJARER2014.058.
- Tripathi, Prayag D., and Prayag D. Tripathi. 1998. “Redefining Kachru’s ‘Outer Circle’ of English.” English Today 14(4):55–58. doi: 10.1017/S0266078400010555.
- Yano, Y. 2009. “The Future of English: Beyond the Kachruvian Three Circle Model?” Springer: Global Englishes in Asian Context.